You can walk into my house at any time and there will be a plethora of red wine. Red wine is my FAVORITE. But I realize that red wine isn’t everyone else’s favorite (their loss for real). Because of that I want to make sure that I’m prepared for friends at all times! Along with the some small snacks, here are the drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic) that I have on hand at any given time.
Non – Alcoholic:
- Water – Tap water typically doesn’t bother me (please don’t call me to tell me that Dallas city water is going to give me cancer) but I know that not everyone loves it, so I always make sure to have bottled water on hand.
- Topo Chico – Living in Texas I feel that this is a staple? It’s also a great mixer for all of my favorite liquors… I’ll get to that later.
- La Croix – There is such a debate between La Croix and Topo. I love both for different reasons, but there are some DELICIOUS La Croix’s and a lot of my friends love it.
- Dr. Pepper – Again, that’s one of those Texas staples that you should always have around.
- Ginger Beer – Mainly I keep this for Moscow mules!
- Coffee – I can whip up some coffee in no time.
- WINE WINE WINE – I have red wine, white wine, and champagne at all times. Just because you never know what the day is going to require.
- Beer – I prefer to keep seasonal and local beers in my fridge because if I’m going to drink a beer, that’s what I prefer!
- Vodka – You can use vodka for so many things. Add some topo and lime. Add it to a moscow mule. Muddle some fruit you have on hand, add some topo and vodka and your friends will think you are the best bartender around.
- Gin – I talked to a mixologist once about what to put on my bar cart and he said this was something you needed to have. I don’t drink gin, and I don’t know a lot of people that do, but it’s on there, so come over if you’re a gin drinker.
- Spiced Rum – I’m pumped to make some cider and spike it in the next few weeks!
- Bailey’s – because there are days that you need to just spike your coffee, especially around the holidays.
- Whiskey – This is another one of those things that I don’t drink. Like I so badly want to be that girl that just drinks bourbon with the guys… but it’ll never be me. I have it though for all my friends who do though. Also bitters, because that’s essential too.
- Tequila – this is for all my taco nights. And I’m pretty particular about my margaritas. I don’t LOVE a lot of sugar in my drinks, so an ideal margarita for me is tequila, topo (are you catching on to my obsession with drinks and topo chico?) and a lot of lime.
I know that this seems like a lot, but really once you establish your bar cart, it will last you a while. And there is nothing better than feeling like you can serve up a drink at any given time! So before the Friendsgiving festivities begin, stock your fridge and bar!!
PS. Next week will be all about getting ready for Friendsgiving!!! EEEEEK!
5 thoughts on “Not Everyone Loves Red Wine”
Logan is a gin drinker so see ya soon. ALSO can you make some tips on how to have wine in the house but not drink it in one sitting?
Tell Logan I need to know all the different gin drinks. And I’m not so sure on that request… haven’t quite mastered it myself yet.