Get your gal-friends together and celebrate Leslie Knope style! Valentines is an overrated holiday in my opinion, BUT Galentines makes it a little more manageable! So leave your husbands and boyfriends at home, and kick it with your girls.
Send a text to all of your gals right now and then follow these tips to throw the sweetest Galentine’s day party around.
- Breakfast for dinner – Leslie would have served breakfast but I’m going for simplicity this time and ordering pizza, or 4. Papa Murphy’s offers a heart shaped pizza this time of year that you could grab and bake at home. Or a few other pizza delivery places would write fun words in toppings if you ask nicely. I’ll make a little cheese board as well, and have PLENTY of wine.
- Decorations – The dollar spot at Target really came in clutch this year. I found a cute banner or two specific to Galentines. Festive paper plates, napkins, and paper straws made it into my cart. And lastly, I’ll head on over to Trader Joe’s to grab some fresh flowers and call it a day!
- You got games? – Unless you specify a party is going to be a game night, I don’t think that you should force games on a group of people. But I have a game closet ready to go, if things turn that direction, and I also snagged MASH and a few other Galentine’s games from the dollar spot just in case!
- Background Music – I haven’t decided yet, but I’ll either put on a little Beyonce radio on pandora or I may just put on Girl’s Just Want To Have Fun or another one of those movies that you would watch at DryBar?
- Dessert – Galentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a dessert. So get a chocolate cake, or some macarons, or cannoli’s, or make a dessert board complete with Nutella. Whatever you do, don’t forget the dessert.
- Celebrate your ladies – Lastly, remember why you are there. Remember that these are the ladies that you do life with, who build you up, and push you to be a better you everyday. So celebrate and love them well!
As always, tag me in your parties using #youreverydaytable! I can’ wait to see what you guys come up with!
XOXO – Meaghan