Thanksgiving is next week and if you don’t know me, you should know that it is my FAVORITE holiday of all time. I’ll stop right there because I don’t want to lose any subscribers on my first newsletter over how strongly I feel about not celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Each year I like to attend or host a Friendsgiving, but this year life got real cray and I didn’t have time to host a full blown Friendsgiving. So this year, I’m hosting a Piesgivng.
What is Piesgiving you ask??? Piesgiving is a party where everyone bakes a pie or buys a pie, and brings it over to share with all of your friends. Here are some ways that I was able to pull off a Piesgiving super quickly.
- Send out a Paperless Post. Paperless Post came out with a flyer function earlier this year and its a simple way to send out invites and share the invite via social media or through a text.
- Order napkins and cups from my friends over at Two Funny Girls. I couldn’t find something I wanted and Kristy was so quick and whipped these perfect cups and napkins!
- Find cute plates and silverware and maybe some to go boxes because who really needs all of the leftover pie? I found these boxes in the dollar spot at Target.
- Order a few extra pie servers.
- Find a signature cocktail to make to go in your cute cups! I am making this bourbon spiced cider punch. And then obvs I’ll have wine.
- I’m making a pie but I’m also serving a chicken pot pie in case some of my guests want something savory!
- Lastly, I have these little place cards that I’ll use to identify which pie is which.
And that’s it! I plan on wearing stretchy pants, and eating, and laughing, and eating some more all night long!